Would you like to be part of a company that is focused on building their international span and driving greater collaboration between the group?
Are you looking for a new step and challenge in your career path? Are you an experienced trade lawyer, trustful partner and a capable leader? Are you passionate about international trade compliance, in particular in the area of customs, export control, sanctions and free trade agreements?
If yes please read on:
You will be based in Monchengladbach, Germany.
Your tasks will be:
• Advise and monitor the Group and the Corporate Divisions on international trade law, international trade compliance, corporate policies on customs, export control, sanctions, free trade agreements, etc. related to German and EU export regulations
• Provide input on trade compliance policies and metrics for the Group and the Corporate Divisions for the US region
• Investigate non-compliance and violations of international trade laws through the Compliance Management System for incidents in the region
• Update and brief senior management on risks and requisite remedies or solutions in the trade law area
• Maintain relationships with government authorities and international organizations in the region to forecast vulnerable areas for the Group
• Monitor new legal and regulatory developments in the trade area in the region to translate and forecast for the Group's businesses
• Interact with and support the rest of the Legal Department in the region to support their activities
• Submit and prepare import/export licenses
Your Qualification & Experience:
• 5-8 years of legal experience specifically in the area of international trade law including customs, export control, sanctions, WTO, FTAs, etc. with sound knowledge of international conventions and trade laws of key markets (e.g. Germany and EU, as well as US and Canada).
• Knowledge of the Defence sector, implementing German military controls and US import/export controls
• Experience with government administrative and criminal investigations of businesses on trade law violations
• MUST be a German resident.
• Amazing chance to shape and drive a new role within the group and overlook all international trade topics
• Outstanding opportunity, responsibility as well as a fantastic working environment
• Competitive salary and world class benefits
If this role sounds like something which you could excel in, please do not hesitate to contact me at Henry.Longhurst@charltonmorris.com