Chief Technology Officer.
Next generation waste-to-energy business using proven technologies to convert waste in to renewable fuels.
The CTO will work closely with the executive team and report to the President.
- Develop technical aspects of the company’s strategy to ensure alignment with its business goals
- Evaluate existing gasification and anaerobic digestion-based technologies
- Evaluate existing biogas and syngas derived downstream conversion processes to produce finished fuels
- Monitor emerging new technologies that yield competitive advantage
- Discover innovative combinations of existing demo-scale and commercial-scale technology to advance the waste conversion into fuels strategy
- Communicate technology strategy to partners and investors
- Lead the strategy for technology solutions, partnerships and external relationships
- Identify, evaluate and adopt new technologies/partnerships in areas that have a direct impact on business goals and partnerships
- Develop technology roadmaps with capital deployment strategies based on an assessment of emerging technologies
- Provide technology direction to management teams at the parent company and at the project level in setting and managing short/medium/long-term goals and objectives
- Manage relationships with external parties/partners related to technology use and ensure the proper protections are put in place (IP, Legal, Reputation)
- BSc in Engineering or relevant field plus minimum 10 years’ experience in technical tracks; advanced technical degree desired
- Proven experience as Chief or Senior Technology Officer in waste-to-energy, energy production
- Deep technical knowledge in biorefinery process technical and operations
- Understanding of waste to fuels technologies and systems
- Outstanding organizational and leadership abilities
- Aptitude in decision-making and problem-solving
- Ability to thrive as a leader in a dynamic, start-up environment
Apply for this job